Residential Service Learning Community
- Be positive: be grateful for the privilege of living; eschew blame and complaint.
- Be regular and moderate: eat, move, rest, cleanse, groom, and be sexual with the aim of protecting and enhancing self, others, and the environment.
- Develop self: be enthusiastic and conscientious in practicing personal change.
- Be scientific: learn and apply scientific methods and principles of ecology.
- Be directed: consciously live towards openly espoused values.
- Love: identify common interests and act to further them.
- Reduce demands: contemplate what you ask in terms of 1/N (where N is the number of people whom you perceive might today or in the future want that which you want).
- Increase service: act with intent to augment total human satisfaction.
- Communicate: listen, read, write, speak, posture, gesture, and otherwise act to express, and to aid others in expressing, a more loving, ecologically sound way of being.
- Build this community: adhere to the spirit of this and the other agreements of the Magic Residential Service Learning Community.